Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kiss Me

Kiss me 
Out of the bearded barley
Nightly
Beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing
Swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes
And I will wear that dress

                   - Sixpence None The Richer, Kiss Me


When you kiss me, I lose track. Of time, of space, of the objects occupying the physical cross-section of the universe around me. Of everything but the sensation of your lips on mine, of your tongue flicking against my teeth and tongue, of your fingers gently holding my face close to you, of the heady rush that I can feel overwhelming me, of the sparks I can see behind my closed eyelids.

When you kiss me, I find myself suddenly incapable of higher level thought. My brain. stops. working. And here's the kicker - not only does my brain stop working, but I also find myself completely and wholly unconcerned by this. I'm perfectly happy to have you cause me to stop thinking, stop fretting, stop analysing. Because in that moment, when you're kissing me, my heart feels like it's about to burst from the sense of wonder of it all. And that's just about all my poor brain can handle at that point. So, yeah, when you kiss me, I can't think - and I love it. Your kisses leave me intoxicated and utterly blissed out. What's not to love?

It's in the way your kiss makes me feel, perhaps - it's the fact that I want to kiss you whether you've just smoked a cigarette or not (because you taste amazing anyhow - your lips ripe, your breath sweet), the fact that you smile at me between kisses in a way that makes my heart melt, the fact that your slightest touch sends a jolt down my spine, the fact that I stop. worrying. when you kiss me. It's in the way you look at me after long minutes of our shared breath and warmth and lips and tongue, when you take a moment to shake out of the daze we've both worked ourselves into and actually look at me again - and you smile, again. Oh lord, what that does to me.

I can't even begin to explain it. 

So, kiss me. Kiss me as much and for as long as you want to, because right now, kissing you is all I can think to do. And once you start kissing me again, I'll stop thinking of that, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment